Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dollar Giant Haul - Fall 2014

This is a bit of a random post on a random day.  I hummed and hawed trying to decide if I should even bother doing this post, but I found some super cute things that I just had to share.  I wanted to get this post out fairly quickly (hence the strange day) so there was a chance for you to find these items in store.  This type of post won't be a weekly event but if you like this type of post let me know and I'll try to do them whenever I have a successful shopping trip!


So I originally went into Dollar Giant looking for a magnetic note pad for the fridge.  I love a good To-Do list and I had used up all the paper on my current one.  Would you believe I didn't find a single one in the store?  Isn't that the type of product dollar stores are built on?  The shopping trip wasn't a total failure though.  As you can see I managed to find a few other things that just had to come home with me.  Bella also liked what I found, particularly the cat window cling, but she might be a little bias.

I have to start with the gem of the trip.  When I walked into Dollar Giant they had a large sign on the door advertising "Solar Turkeys"!  That's right, solar turkeys!  My Mom and I have a small obsession with these tiny solar, bobble head, creatures.  Usually they are flowers, so when I saw these turkeys I knew we both needed them.  My Dad and John were a little less excited by the tiny treasures, I can't imagine why?  I personally don't want to be known as the girl with a dash full of bouncing solar creatures so I switch mine out when I get a new one, unlike my Mom.


Halloween isn't a big holiday for us.  Don't get me wrong, I love handing out candy and seeing the kids all dressed up, but I don't usually put up many decorations, if at all.  I tend to save all my creative juices and cash for Christmas!!!  Now that Roman is growing up and can actually enjoy the decorations, I decided to pick up a couple small things.  I love window clings because they are decorations for inside and outside, and they are easy to put up and take down.  They had several different characters but I liked these two the best.  Once I got them home and looked at my windows I decided I wanted one set for each window, so I'll have to stop in and grab two more sets one of these days.


I love to fill treat bags for the little goblins at Halloween and as soon as I saw these little sticker boxes I new I had to have them.  18 sticker boxes for $1.25, I'm in!  Who wouldn't want to get stickers while Trick-Or-Treating?  The green floral foam circles, orange ribbon, flowers and tin vase are for an Autumn Flower Arrangement that I plan to make for our kitchen table.  I LOVE fall and all the beautiful colors of the season.  I don't normally decorate for fall either but I'm thinking it's something I need to start doing.  When I was little my Mom always had decorations out for every season/holiday and I'd like to continue that tradition with Roman.  Plus who doesn't love buying fun décor for the house!


To go with my sticker boxes I picked up some candy corn print treat bags.  These ones have sandwich bag-like closures on them which will make them much easier to close once we fill them up.  I personally like the treat bag idea because then I don't have to worry about each kid getting the same amount of candy.  Everyone gets a bag and it's much quicker to grab 4 bags rather than 4 handfuls of candy.  40 bags for only $1.25, how can you go wrong?  Plus I remember loving finding treat bags in my pillow case!

The last item I picked up were these pumpkin and corn fridge magnets.  I have a few sets of these (a snowman for winter and a bunny rabbit for Easter) and they are a great way to dress up the fridge.  Now that Roman is older he loves to play in the kitchen while I cook or clean.  We have (had) a set of the classic magnetic letters but most of them have vanished, never to be seen again.  Where in the world do those things go?  Roman loved the bunny rabbit so I thought the pumpkins would be great for fall.  They still end up all over the kitchen but at least these are easier to find and don't send you tumbling when you step on them.  Those letters are as bad as Lego!


So that's what I came home with in place of my magnetic To-Do list.  Not a bad haul and I only spent $26 including tax!  This is why I love the dollar store!

No comments:

Post a Comment