Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Oats

Yes, that's right, you can have peanut butter cups for breakfast, and it's good for you!  Okay so its not actually peanut butter cups, but this tastes so much like it that you'll feel like your having dessert for breakfast!  If you've been following my Follow Us Friday posts you know that this is a very frequent breakfast of mine.  It's super quick, tasty and it keeps you full until lunch!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Oats
1/3 cup quick oats
1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
1T peanut butter
2t agave syrup or sugar
boiling water

In a bowl, mix oats and protein powder together until well combined.  Add boiling water and stir.  You can add as much or as little water as you like depending on how thick you like your oats.  Stir in peanut butter and agave, and enjoy!

*If you don't have chocolate protein powder you can use unflavored protein powder and just add 1T of instant chocolate pudding powder.  It doesn't taste quite as good but it's still yummy!

I love having protein in the morning but I don't always want to or have time to cook eggs.  Plus by the time I add in toast, milk and maybe a little cheese (I hate plain eggs), I've eaten 1/3 of my calories for the day and I'm hungry in a couple hours.  The chocolate is satisfying, the oats and protein powder fill you up, and it's only 400 calories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment