Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bismarck Planner Supplies Haul


When we decided to take a trip down to Bismarck, ND one of the first things on my "to find" list was planner supplies!  Granted I can buy this type of thing at home but I always see such cute supplies on blog/YouTube hauls that I really want to try and get my hands on some of them.  Plus the prices in the States can't be beat!  Without further ado, here is what I found!

 
The first item on my list was a laminating machine.  This one is by Scotch and I picked it up at Wal Mart.  The reason I wanted to get this in Bismarck is because it's only $20 there, where as it's $40 at home.  Even with the not so great exchange rate right now it was still a great deal to buy it down south.  I picked up 100 laminating pouches to go with it but didn't include them in the photos because they aren't very exciting.  I've used this to laminate the cover of my planner along with the dashboard and even my museum membership!  I have a feeling this machine will get a lot of use over time and it's super handy to have around the house. 
 
While we were at Hobby Lobby I picked up a couple packages of scrapbook paper to use in my planner.  This will be great for making note cards or I can glue strips onto the pages themselves as decoration.  I also found a cute pack of letters so I snapped them up.
 
I love these little packages of sticky notes that I picked up from the Dollar-Spot section in Target.  I tried looking for these in Target at home (before they closed) but never had any luck finding them in our store; so I was stoked when I found them there!
 
 
I also found these pretty pens and pencils at Target.  I was a little bummed that some of the pencils didn't have any lead in them, but considering they were $0.50 each I guess it isn't that big of a deal.  The pens I really like; they write great and are very comfortable to write with.
 
One of my new favorite stores is Joann Fabrics & Crafts.  I've been there before with my Mom but never paid much attention to what they had in the store.  This time I found all these adorable page flags, post it notes and washi tape.  I didn't have any thin washi in my collection so I picked up a good variety.  Plus at $0.50 a roll how can you go wrong!?  Oh, and another interesting development, Joann ships to Canada!!!
 
I wanted to find some Project Life type cards to use as note cards in my planner but they are so darn expensive at Michael's.  These cards I found at Hobby Lobby and because they were the store brand they were less expensive, plus they were on sale!  I honestly think we picked the perfect weekend to go to Hobby Lobby because everything I touched seemed to be on sale 50% off!
 
 
I almost forgot about this amazing tool!  This is a 1/8 hole punch that I use to punch holes in anything I want to add into my planner.  I looked at a similar punch at Michael's before we went to Bismarck and it was $21.  I found this at Hobby Lobby for $5!  I probably should have a bought a few but it feels pretty sturdy and I think it will last me a long time. 
 
The only downside to finding all this great stuff in Bismarck is that I can't run out and grab more!  Which John would probably say is a good thing.  I hear Target gets more sticky notes, pens and pencils with every season, so if you have the chance definitely hit up the Dollar-Spot and grab a few packages!  If you want to see how I've put some of these great supplies to use, check out my Plan With Me Post for April!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks (or not........) for the tidbit that Joann ships to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take full responsibility for all your fabulous purchases!

      Delete