Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bismarck Clothing Haul

It's only been a couple of weeks since our trip to Bismarck, ND but it already seems like a lifetime ago.  Why is it that the build up to a vacation lasts for months but the well rested feeling afterwards only lasts a few days?  Luckily the clothes that I purchased on the trip remind me every day that the trip in fact did happen, and that at one time I was well rested.

With spring here (hopefully for good this time) and summer on it's way (maybe) I needed to refresh my wardrobe with some new items.  With my weight loss over the past year I don't have a single item of summer clothing that actually fits me so I had to start from scratch.  I like buying pieces that are versatile and can be mixed and matched to make tons of outfits without having to spend a fortune.  I also don't like spending a ton on each item, partly because I'm cheap, and partly because I'm at home with a busy little boy every day and $100 shirts get just as dirty and beat up as $5 ones at the end of the day.

Let's start with the outfit I'm wearing.  I picked up this pair of distressed Rock Star skinny jeans, vintage neon pink t-shirt, and black tami (under the t-shirt) from Old Navy.  I never thought I would be a skinny jean kind of girl until I finally tried a pair on; now it's basically all I wear.  I'm a HUGE fan of the Old Navy tami (cami/tank top) because they are thin and form fitting enough to layer but they are thick enough to wear alone.  Being a on the smaller chest size I also love that the arm a little more on the form fitting side because the arm holes aren't so large that your bra hangs out.  The shoes and belt I picked up at Target, and I'm in love with both of them.  If you're in the process of losing weight I highly recommend a belt like this because it adjusts to any size without having to worry about pesky holes or buying a new belt every few months.  The shoes are super comfortable and I've already been able to get a ton of wear out of them.


I also picked up three more tami's in hot pink, mint green and a soft blue color.  I'm sure they will all get a ton of wear once the weather gets warmer.  Anyone that has known me for any length of time with tell you that the last color they would ever associate with me would be pink, let alone hot pink.  That being said I seem to be on a pink spree!  It's hard to tell but these Rock Star skinny jeans, also from Old Navy, are a super light pink color.  Or at least they were.  It seems to me that when I washed them the pink either bled out or something blue bled in because they seem to be more white than pink now.  Regardless, I still like them; even if they aren't always practical around Roman.  I fell in love with this neon pink striped shirt for two reasons; 1. it's super fun and pink, and 2. it's the very first piece of clothing I ever, in my life, remember buying in a MEDIUM!  I just about passed out when I tried on the large and it was too big.  Granted it might just be the cut of the shirt but I'll take it!

While on my high from buying my first medium I decided to check out this super cute store called Vanity in the Kirkwood Mall.  These is exactly the type of store that I would normally glace into but never dream on going into before I lost the weight.  When I first went in I didn't think there was a hope I'd find anything that would fit me and was quite honestly just looking at accessories.  That is until I saw these pants!  These palazzo pants had such an awesome print that I just had to try them on.  The best part?  They have a wide, stretchy waste band similar to yoga pants so they are super comfortable.  I don't normally like to wear pants in the summer because it's just too hot but these are thin and flowy enough that they will be perfect for the days that aren't screaming hot.  Once I realised I fit into these pants I really started to look at the items in the store.  I've always wanted a denim vest but always found I looked like a football player.  This one is shorter in the back and well tailored so there isn't a bunch of excess fabric which avoids the football player look.  This vest paired with a white t-shirt and the palazzo pants is a killer outfit that I can't wait to wear more often!  Last I picked up a plaid button up shirt.  I have a few shirts like this but this is made from a thinner fabric which makes it easier to wear in the spring/summer and has a super unique color pallet, at least for my closet.  This will also be a great piece to have once fall swings around again.
 
 
This shirt I found at Target, and quite honestly I bought it just because I have never seen anything like it in my life.  Think about it, when was the last time you saw a shirt with a badminton birdie pattern on it?  Probably never right?  When I showed it to John he immediately started to laugh so I knew I had to own it.  I don't normally that your buying clothes based solely on the fact that your husband laughed at you, but this time I made an exception.  As you can tell this first pair of shoes is already getting a lot of wear.  I picked these up in the Kirkwood Mall and I love them!  These canvas espadrilles get dirty pretty quickly, but a little soap and scrubbing with a toothbrush has them back to new in no time.  Obviously the weather isn't quite ready for these sandals but I'm excited to get to wear them.  I found them at Shoe Carnival and I love the gold detail around the ankle strap.  It almost reminds me of something Roman, which is really why I bought them.
 
So that is the beginning of my summer wardrobe that I found in Bismarck.  Obviously I'll need a few more pieces to get myself through summer, but this is a great start for me.  Now I just have to wait for the warm weather!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice clothes haul you did awesome! I'm even more convinced now we need a girls trip, even just so I can use you as my personal shopper. Lol! I'm also just as surprised and excited about all your pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that we need a girls shopping trip!!!

      Delete