Thursday, February 26, 2015

Planner Supplies - Dollar Tree

Recently this video popped up in my subscription box on YouTube.  I was in love with this planner from the moment I saw it, but I'll get into why I wanted a planner in another post when I show you my planner when I receive it!  I have been obsessing over my planner since the moment I ordered it.  So much so that I think John is starting to get sick of listening to me talk about it.  I decided to put my excitement to good use and take a trip to Dollar Tree and pick up some decorating supplies for my planner.  Here is what I found!


The first thing I wanted to look for was washi tape.  I have seen it at Wal Mart but I didn't want to pay $3 for one roll.  I want a pretty planner but I want it to be affordable!  I was surprised to find that I had hit the mother load of inexpensive washi tape!  They had a few packages of three different washi tapes and I picked up two of those, one with owls and the other with cupcakes, bunting and stars.  $1.25 for three washi tapes, how could I not!?  Then I saw the glitter and metallic washi tapes and it was game on.  I managed to control myself to just a few rolls but I have a feeling I will be back there soon to add to my collection.
 
 
Now these may look like headbands, which they are, but I plan to use them to hold my planner shut so the pages don't get mangled while it crashes around in my purse with all of Roman's snacks!  I'm sure at least one will end up being used as a headband though.
 

Of course you can't decorate a planner without stickers!  I will admit I didn't have high hopes for nice stickers from Dollar Tree because anytime I have stopped to look at the stickers they always seemed to be more for kids than adults.  Maybe that's because stickers are usually made for kids.... anywho, I was pleasantly surprised that I found a few sets that I really liked!  The long stickers will be great for making borders or highlighting special sections, and bows make everything pretty and girly so why not!

 
I had to do some hunting to find the next item but I did eventually find it on an isle end.  These oval stickers are actually chalk board stickers!  I thought they would be fun to cut down into different shapes and use in my planner.  I also picked up a pink chalk board marker to go with it, although they did have a variety of different colors.  Apparently you can even use these markers on glass and windows which is pretty neat.  I love a dual purpose product!  The clear pouch came in a package of two for $1.25 and I plan on using one for my smaller sheets of sticks, just to keep them a little more organized in my caddy (which I also picked up at Dollar Tree!).  These aren't the greatest quality and were already starting to fall apart when I took them out of the package.  Not a big deal for me.  Sometimes you get what you pay for at dollar stores.
 

 
So that is what I found on my recent trip to Dollar Tree!  If you've had luck finding some awesome planning supplies I'd love to know where you found yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment