Thursday, February 19, 2015

Valentine's Day

February 14th is usually just another day in the Giuliano house because I don't feel like I need a specific day to tell my family that I love them, and I don't feel the need to plaster it all over social media, or this blog for that matter.  So this is how we spent our Valentine's Day, minus all the mush.

This year was a little different in that I picked up a couple small things for John and Roman.  Well I guess they aren't exactly small, coming in at almost 2.5 feet tall, but because they were from Dollarama they count as small.  John was confused as to what could possibly be in such a giant envelope, but Roman was in love with the giant puppy on the card.  I think we listened to "puppy, puppy, puppy" for 10 minutes after he opened it.  We have the cards sitting on top of the entertainment centre in the living room and Roman will still point at it and say "puppy".  Clearly the best Valentine's Day gift ever!  John and Roman also snuck out of the house and picked me up a beautiful bouquet of flowers!  I'm happy to say they are still in tact and that the cat hasn't eaten them all!

It was a standard lunch today, leftovers actually, but I thought Roman would like a hearted shaped brownie for dessert.  He nibbled on it a bit but he enjoyed feeding it to John much better.  Of course I couldn't expect John to eat it all himself so I snagged a couple pieces for myself.


Roman has been napping from 12:30-2pm lately so after his nap we made a batch of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffles for the freezer.  I have totally spoiled this child because as soon as he sees Martin (my mixer, and yes I've named him) he gets super excited.  He absolutely loves to eat the whipped egg whites and of course I can't say no to just a couple fingers full. 

John really wanted to go out for supper, but because Roman wasn't feeling very good we were a little hesitant to take him out.  We ended up biting the bullet and taking Roman out to Boston Pizza with us.  John ordered a salad and a spicy pasta dish which I, for the life of me, can't remember what it was called.  I went with my old stand by and had chicken parmesan with spaghetti bolognaise.  Both of these meals I forgot to take pictures of, so you only get to see Roman's "Bug's & Cheese" and veggies.  It's really just pasta with alfredo sauce but the pasta are in the shapes of bugs.  Roman didn't end up eating much but he had a good time waving at the older fellow that was sitting behind us.  Towards the end of our meal Roman started to fall apart, so we shoveled in the last few bites and headed for home.

Once Roman was asleep, John and I settled in to watch "The Wolf of Wall St." and drink some tea!  It was a great Valentine's Day spent with my family and I couldn't have asked for more.  Although now that I'm typing this I'm just remembering that Tutti Frutti usually has B1G1 frozen yogurt on Valentine's Day.  Definitely dropped the ball on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment