Thursday, October 9, 2014

DavidsTea - Fall 2014 Collection

These photos have been sitting in my "to-do" pile for awhile just waiting for me to write up a post about them.  Now that we are officially into fall I figured I had better get on this before fall disappears and we are thrown into winter.


If you've been following my Follow Us Friday posts for awhile you've probably noticed that I have a bit of a tea problem.  Up until recently I wasn't much of a tea drinker at all.  I always thought tea bags tasted old and just plain bad.  Then I heard about DavidsTea and my world was turned upside down.  This is unlike any bagged tea you have ever tried before.  The flavours are fresh and bright, and the variety of flavours available is amazing!

As soon as the Fall 2014 collection was released I knew I had to have it.  I decided to order the collection box that came with 25g bags of each of the teas included in the collection as well as 20 tea bags.  I like ordering these boxes because you get to sample the teas without committing to a large bag.  I can't seem to find the box set on the website anymore but you can check out the individual teas on the website here.  I also order a matching tea mug to the one I currently own.  Since John has taken a liking to the tea as well, it just makes it easier to have these mugs.  They come with a mesh basket to brew your tea in which sits right in the cup.  The glass lid also doubles as a plate to sit the basket on once your done brewing your tea.  DavidsTea has many many designs available in these mugs and I highly recommend them!


I love ordering from DavidsTea online.  There is a store in Regina that I could visit, but it's downtown and with Roman it isn't very easy to visit the store.  If you spend over $50 you get free shipping, plus you get three free samples with every order, so they have made it extremely appealing to shop online.  Not being able to smell the tea isn't a deal breaker for me since DavidsTea's descriptions have proved to be bang on for anything I've ordered and they always sound so darn tasty!


In this collection there are five delicious loose leaf teas; Snickerdoodle, Sweet Apple Cider, Pumpkin Chai, Yes We Cran and Maple Sugar.

Snickerdoodle - tastes exactly like it's name sake.  This tea has a delicious bakery taste with sweet cinnamon, butterscotch and a buttery note that will make you feel like you're eating the cookie instead of drinking the tea.

Sweet Apple Cider - I was so excited to try this tea because I love apple cider, but I was a little disappointed.  I think I was expecting the artificial strength of the flavor you get from powdered mixes, but what I got was a light, apple tea.  After making it a few times and steeping it a little longer to get more flavor from the tea, I began to enjoy it.

Pumpkin Chai - It seems like everyone these days has a pumpkin something for fall.  I was excited to try this tea to see what the hype is all about.  This tea is spicy with a hint of pumpkin flavor.  The best part, it has tiny pumpkin candies in it!  I haven't tried this as a latte but I have a feeling it would be absolutely delicious!

Yea We Cran - You NEED this tea!  This tea is jam packed with cranberry flavor and delicious spices.  From the first sip I knew I was in love.  To me this tea just screams Christmas and I will definitely be ordering a big bag of it so I can enjoy it all through the winter season.

Maple Sugar - I found this tea to be very similar to Snickerdoodle.  It has the same bakery taste with a hint of maple instead of butterscotch.  To me this one was just okay, I will finish up the bag but I don't think I will be buying another.


For my free samples I received, Organic Cream of Earl Grey, Organic Pure Vanilla, and Kenyan Tinderet.  The only one I have tried so far is the Pure Vanilla.  When DavidsTea says it tastes like vanilla, there aren't kidding!  This sweet vanilla tea is delicious but in limited quantities, at least for me.  I found that towards the end of the cup it was almost getting to be too much vanilla.  That being said I've had it a few other times so it obviously wasn't enough to put me off the tea.  I'm sure John will love the Cream of Earl Grey because he loves tea that tastes like traditional tea.

If you have tried these teas I would love to hear what you think about them.  I'd also love to hear what your favorite teas from DavidsTea are!

No comments:

Post a Comment