Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Organization: Linen Closet

I hate this closet. I have always hated this closet. No matter how many ways I've stacked the towels, and folded the sheets, it's always a disaster. Each shelf ends up heaping with random things that just get stuffed into the closet, which makes it nearly impossible to find what you need.


I hadn't planned on organizing this closet today, mostly because I like to pretend it doesn't exist, but I was going through things for an upcoming garage sale and knew there were some things in here that I needed to get rid of. I had full intentions of just snatching the items out of the closet and slamming the door shut. Instead, I ended up attacking this mess head on and hopefully solving the problem for good!

I started out by completely emptying the closet and pulling out the items we no longer use or need. It was a little bittersweet saying good-bye to my Snoogle. Not because I ever plan on being pregnant again, but that thing was just so darn comfortable! With just the items we need remaining, I re-folded everything and start the jigsaw puzzle of putting everything back in.


On the top shelf I stacked our extra comforters, quilts and pillows. On the second shelf are the extra sets of sheets for our beds. Nobody, and I mean nobody (other than maybe Martha Stewart) can actually fold a fitted sheet so that it looks nice every time. Solution - fold the fitted sheet, flat sheet, and 1 pillow case, and slide them all inside the second pillow case. It make a pretty little package and all the matching pieces are together!

The third shelf houses our extra towels and table cloths. On the floor of the closet we have old towels that we use in the dogs' kennels or on the kitchen chair that the cat likes to sleep on. For the love of all things holy, why must cats always sleep on a kitchen chair?! I have a thing for holiday tea towels, and am starting to amass quite the collection. To keep them neat-ish and separate from our bath towels, I dumped them all into a plastic bin from Dollarama.


Finally I can breathe when I open this door. It no longer makes me cringe when I need a new tea towel, or when it's time to change the bed sheets. One less disaster zone in the house is a win for me! What area in your home is driving you crazy lately?

For more organization posts, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment