Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken

This recipe is right up there with the Creamy Chicken Pocket recipe I shared a few weeks back. You NEED to try this recipe! I particularly like this recipe for our busy soccer nights. I pop them in the oven, have them cooked before we leave, and when we get home the just need to be warmed up quickly before we can eat them and jump right into bed time routine.

Don't let the jalapenos scare you. The flavour of the jalapenos is very present but there is no heat from them once you remove the seeds. The cream cheese filling in the chicken is amazing and I would actually dip chips or bread into it and eat it just as a dip. It's that good!


Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2T oil
1 diced jalapeno, seeds removed
4t minced garlic
8oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Butterfly the chicken breasts by running a sharp knife, parallel to the cutting board, through the centre of the chicken breast without cutting all the way through. Set aside.

Cook jalapenos and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add cream cheese and cheddar and continue to heat until the cheese is completely melted. Allow to cool. Spoon the mixture into the centre of each chicken breast and close with toothpicks. *NOTE: I never have toothpicks in the house so I just close them up and it has worked well for me. Arrange chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.


To Freeze: Arrange chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and flash freeze. Transfer to a freezer bag.
To Serve: Thaw chicken and bake as directed.

I found this recipe somewhere on the interweb but for the life of me can't find it now. If I track down the original I'll link it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment