Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Greek Meatballs

I stumbled upon this recipe in one of the most unlikely places.  I was watching LisaSZ09, one of the beauty gurus I follow on YouTube, but this particular video was one of her vlogs.  As soon as I saw this recipe (Originally from Rachael Ray) I knew I had to give it a shot because I'm always interested in trying a recipe that makes chicken interesting.

Meatballs are one of my favorite freezer meals because they are super quick and easy to make on my cooking day, and they reheat super fast.  It's also nice to have the option to just pull out a few meatballs if I'm scrambling for lunch for Roman.


Greek Meatballs
1T olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 pkg chopped spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1 lb ground chicken
1T grill seasoning*

*I use Clubhouse LaGrille Chicken seasoning but Montreal Steak spice, of whatever you have on hand would work just fine.

Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.  Form into meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes.

To Freeze: Prepare as directed. Flash freeze on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag.
To Serve: Reheat in the microwave or oven.

Easy, peazy, lemon squeezy!  I like to use an ice cream scoop to form my meatballs.  This was each meatball is the same size which is good for my OCD but it also helps the meatballs cook evenly.  Plus you don't end up with nasty chicken hands!  I like to serve these meatballs with tzatziki and broccoli.  If you're feeling really fancy you could make your own tzatziki, but I prefer to buy mine, it's just easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment