Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chicken Something

I know what your thinking.  Why on earth would I want to eat something called Chicken Something?  The name leaves a bit to be desired, but when John asked what I was making for supper I wasn't really sure what to call it, hence the name Chicken Something. 

I had originally purchased the rotisserie chicken with the intent of making a meal that I've made in the past, only to discover that I didn't have one of the main ingredients (I hate when that happens!).  I had already taken some Fried Couscous out of the freezer so I decided to keep with the Asian theme.  After surveying the contents of my fridge this is what I came up with!


Chicken Something  (Serves 4)
1 rotisserie chicken - breasts, wings and legs removed
1 tomato, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
5 spears asparagus, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2T sesame oil
1t chili flakes
1T chili powder
2T sesame seeds
4 cups cooked couscous (I used Fried Couscous from Once A Month Meals and I highly recommend it!!!)

Layer chicken on top of couscous in a 9x13 pan.  Top with tomato, bell pepper and asparagus.  Drizzle soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil over top.  Sprinkle with chili flakes, chili powder and sesame seeds.  Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes until chicken is warmed through.

I could smell this deliciousness brewing in the oven, but wasn't completely convinced that this was going to turn out.  But I was pleasantly surprised!  The hoisin and soy meld with the BBQ flavor of the rotisserie chicken to make a delicious sauce on the chicken and couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment